Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The experience of life here is certainly good, but it is made so much greater through living it with Christ. The absolute and true satisfaction that comes through knowing Christ is far, far greater than anything man-made. There are times when the world attempts to deceive me and makes me think that in fact true joy and fulfilment can be found through the temptations of the world and, for a small time, I can be successfully taken in by these deceptions. However, every single time I am brought back to the overwhelming realisation that true life can only be found through knowing Christ. He gives me everything I need, and although I can sometimes struggle to remember this, the truth of this statement is in no doubt. In a city like New York there are so many things that promote enjoyment, and many of these are perfectly fine, but none can compare to the absolute and unbridled joy of knowing Christ.

1 comment:

  1. simon, it's always so good to hear about God's revelation in your life. we're thankful that He has brought you here. Continued blessings! (Porta-loo and all!!!)

    ReplyDelete